It’s Thanksgiving week in the U.S. – a time when we reflect on what makes us thankful. With that in mind, we decided to share the top 10 reasons we’re thankful to work in this industry.
10. When the audio is bad at a concert or a play, you can geek out and impress your friends by telling them exactly why.
9. You’ve probably got an awesome sound system in your living room. Sorry, neighbors!
8. If there’s a technical problem, you can MacGyver a solution. Possibly out of some chewing gum and a paperclip.
7. You make so many friends in the industry that trade shows are like homecoming week at college.
6. Scissor lift races during trade show setups (when no one’s looking).
5. Spending hours in cramped spaces with little to no light (but plenty of spiders).
4. You develop a natural immunity to bears.*
3. Sharp pokey metal things + fingers = never having to wonder when you had your last tetanus shot.
2. Karaoke opportunities abound, and the acoustics are phenomenal – at least when you use Biamp gear. We can’t improve your singing, though.
1. Visiting Orlando and Las Vegas in June, and Amsterdam in February! Woohoo!
*Not actually true – don’t tangle with bears.